Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Application for Permanent Resident Status

We went to Immigration today for a hearing on my application for permanent resident status.  Since I am married to a citizen of the Philippines, I can stay here as long as I stay married to Grace and I stay out of trouble.  I think both should be pretty easy for me to do.  The hearing officer tried to come up with all kinds of unlikely scenarios to imply that we should not have gotten married, but we did, and intend to stay that way.  So I paid my fees, and we wait for a month to find out if the application has been approved.  If so, I won't have to go in to Immigration until next year to pay the fees to convert my status from provisional to permanent resident.  Collecting the fees seems to be the main point of all the hoops we have to jump through.  Of course the two caveats will always apply.

My doctor has decided that I have allergies bad enough to require seeing an allergist and having the testing done to find out exactly what makes my sinuses fill up with goop.  She also gave me a referral to an orthopedic surgeon who will look over the X-rays of my spine.  I stopped at the drug store on the way home and got the strongest naproxin sodium you can get over the counter, and my back is only moderately sore now, so maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment