Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Argh!

Snoopy decorating his dog house to win a contest prize is the long standing symbol of Christmas commercialization run amok.  I always hated it when malls and stores started playing all Christmas music before Thanksgiving.  It nearly drove Danielle crazy to hear the same tired old Christmas music over and over every day for 2 months.  Guess what?  They start the Christmas selling season on September first here!!!  I nearly laugh my ass off every time I go to the mall and hear "Walking in a Winter Wonderland,"  "Let It Snow," "Sleigh Ride," and all the other songs that are so out of place in a tropical country.  I think they should play Jimmy Buffett's song, "Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum; Santa's run off to the Care-ib-E-an," "A Sailor's Christmas," and other suitably tropical songs.  I am so glad I don't need to go to the mall very often!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, really? Do they not have Halloween? They probably don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so I can see that, but still. September is a bit early to start the Xmas stuff. Especially in a place where it isn't going to get cold, or snow, or any of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have Halloween and Trick or Treat, but it is minor compared to the Christmas push.

    ReplyDelete