Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I HATE WINDOWS!

Have I mentioned how much I hate Windows lately?  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit itself seems to be fine.  I run it in a virtual machine using VMware Fusion on my iMac and Powerbook Pro.  It is just all the nonsense getting stuff connected and working together that frustrates me.  The silly wireless router I bought will only run its install disk using Windows, so I started up a VM, started Windows 7 and started the install disk.  I could never get the thing to run successfully...and by the way, D-Link's instructions don't make sense to me...but I followed them to the letter, and to no avail.  I can use the device and connect to the internet using Airport under Mac OS, but I can't get into the router to configure it and put in a password so people can't steal our internet and drain off our band width.  I sent an email to D-Link.  Hopefully they will give me a solution before too long.  So I guess it really isn't Windows fault, but I still HATE Windows!

I have to go to Immigration tomorrow to see about getting a long term visa.  Maybe they will be nice and it won't take all day or cost 1,000,000p

No comments:

Post a Comment