Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday August 1

Jackie and Joan's brother, his wife, their son, and 2 cousins came over Saturday night, and an older sister brought Jayann to visit her mom and brought their youngest sister along too.  Masses of spaghetti were consumed, all the bananas are gone, the bread was gobbled up, and this morning the kids ate up my cereal. I was surprised because it was one of the "healthy" kinds and didn't have sugar, chocolate, or red color #4.

I walked 4 times around the complex this morning and I walked an extra flight of steps by going down to the parking garage to start and finish my walk.  I had an apple and some papaya after my shower.

Jackie is rearranging the living room, and she told me my room is next.

I hate the tricycles in ParaƱaque.  They are about 2 inches narrower than in Pateros, and they have an additional rear facing seat.  You really don't need "The Wild Mouse" or other amusement park rides if you have ridden in the rear facing seat in the rain.  Trying not to fall out at every speed bump or start-up is a full time job, and there is no safety bar.  The fare is higher, some ask for 8p per passenger, and some 10p.  The presumed "full load" is 5 people, so you have to wait for the seats to fill before you go anyplace, unless you want to pay 5 fares.  In Pateros, the fare was 5p and the "full load" was only 3, so when Joan, Jackie, and I went anyplace, we never had to wait for additional passengers or pay extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment