Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

My Posts Have Gotten Boring

I have not had anything significant to say lately.  I'm keeping up exercising every day, and I climbed the stairs faster than ever today.  My little fitness hills are pretty tame compared to people training for 5k, 10k or Marathons, and it seems repetitive to tell about my little daily routine.  I have a new insanity developing, as those of you reading between the lines have certainly deduced, but I'm not talking about it.  I don't want to jinx it.

While I don't get a lot less from Social Security than I did when I was teaching, it is less, and I am always running out of money before I run out of month.  Hopefully there will be no emergency medical expenses or moving expenses and I will be able to pay everyone on time.  The cost of living here is helping.  I just have to be more disciplined.

I don't think I mentioned it before, but the apartment across the hall in Pateros was occupied by Mormons on their mission.  I never met them, but I sent over a plate of pancit (noodles) after Jayann's birthday party and the plate came back clean the next day.  Jackie lived there longer and had met the people.  She and Jhun thought they were a little strange, but kind.  Like most people here, Jackie and Jhun are culturally Catholic.  It took quite a while to explain about Martin Luther and where the term "Protestant" came from.  Of course I can't help myself when there is a teaching opportunity, especially when History is involved, so they heard all about the Reformation.  It turned out they were cool with "Protestant" churches, but like me, they had trouble with extra books and especially Golden Tablets no one else ever saw.

2 comments:

  1. well boring or not George I am still fascinated by your stories, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Matt. I'm always anxious to see what is going on in your life! :)

    ReplyDelete