Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Too busy living to write about it...

I wish I understood the randomness of the universe.  Just when I thought I was going to be crushing on Joan forever and that I was doomed to unrequited love, I met a real sweetheart at the mall.  Grace and I have been going and doing so much that I haven't had time to write.

Just some random observations here...I've never been so well taken care of, and it feels pretty great.  Gracie hasn't cooked a lot, but she has good natural instincts and everything she fixes tastes great.  Walking in the morning is much more fun with a partner.  We walked 7 times around the complex today and I was much less tired than the day I walked 5 times by myself.  We worked out at the gym in the complex, and Grace was teaching me exercises.  I think some of the work with a free bar is going to help with my nearly constant back pain.  I had to step lively to keep up going up the 7 flights of steps.  Having a partner to push me is going to help me get better fitness results.  We have a similar sense of humor, like the same music, and right now, our favorite movie is "The Wedding Singer."  A couple days ago, Gracie was helping me learn a new song.  She has worked doing hotel reservations for a while, so her English is excellent, and she doesn't complain about my slowness learning Tagalog.  We both would rather take a taxi and be comfortable than save a few pesos and be crammed into a Jeep.  Sometimes tricycles are necessary evils, but I thought it was funny that I had ridden tricycles more than she had.

Life is a lot more fun with someone to share it with.  Things have been moving pretty fast, and I'm fine with that.  I hope to have many years of disgustingly happy reports for you that require insulin because they are SO sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! That's great! I'm so happy to hear that you are happy! And well taken care of :) You deserve all the happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete