Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday August 2

Yesterday I walked 4 times around the complex in the morning, and 3 times around in the evening.  I also used the stairs both times.  This morning my knees were sore, so I went swimming.  I got in some good exercise, and loosened up my stiff and sore leges.  The water was nice, not as hot as in the afternoon, but not cold either.  I used the stairs both down and up.

Jackie and I went to the store and got some groceries, then we stopped by the drug store and got my prescription filled.  I had 3 boiled, small bananas for breakfast.  They are supposed to help keep blood sugar down.  I had a nice salad with some tuna for lunch.  It is 2pm, and I am feeling hungry.  I think I'm going to get a small bowl of cereal.  I had 2 egg, lettuce and tomato sandwiches for dinner.  When I was chatting with Jackie online, she talked about wanting to gain weight.  At the time, I told her extra weight starts creeping up on people after they turn 21.  Now she has gained some weight and is not happy about it.  She is only eating rice once a day.  I think she will have to start exercising for the "diet" to work, but we will see.

I've noticed that Honda motorcycles are the most popular with individuals, but the tricycles are almost exclusively Kawasaki.

2 comments:

  1. Boiled bananas? How do you boil them, and how do they taste? Are they "normal" bananas, like you would find here?

    Good luck getting into shape. Work hard, but don't overdo it. You can't exercise while injured!

    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are smaller than regular bananas, and I think they have to be cooked to be edible. I seem to remember something from survival school that heat is needed to change a chemical or break down crystals that stick your mouth like needles. I don't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure these are only edible when cooked.

    ReplyDelete