Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Arrived in Manila

I arrived in Manila at midnight, half way between June 14 and June 15. This seems totally appropriate, given the nature of my life so far. I flew from Charlotte to New York, New York to Hong Kong, and Hong Kong to Manila. The international flights were both on Cathay Pacific, and I can recommend them. There was enough leg room even in my economy class seat, they fed us, and the food was edible. They provided everything you needed, and were not constantly slamming you with extra fees.

June 21:
Hi from Manila, PH Hoping to get my computer soon so I can post pics. I am fine and enjoying the local color. I feel like a little kid unless people understand English. It is good that so many do. People seem to be generally helpful and pleasant.

I'm renting a 2 bedroom, one bath apartment in Pateros, Metro Manila. Many of my American friends are interested in prices, so there will be a lot of them included.

Monetary conversion: The exchange rate for $ to Philippine Pesos varies between 43.xxx and 46.xxx pesos per dollar. I have not started to think in pesos yet, so sometimes I will talk in $

A good average conversion factor is 44p per dollar.
In 2013, the conversion is $1=39 or 40 pesos

No comments:

Post a Comment