Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We Moved

We are in the new apartment.  Two of the older sisters came over Monday night and did all the laundry, then started packing.
This morning I packed my computer and my clothes.   Their brother and his wife packed up the rest of the apartment with lots of help from the older sisters.  The truck showed up, and before lunch time, we were at our new place.  The workers had not finished installing the air conditioners or doing painting touch-ups, so we had to wait until they were done to start moving things in.  The truck crew unloaded in the underground parking area, and we fed them lunch while we waited.  By 4pm everything was moved in, and the girls sent me to my room to take a nap while they arranged furniture.  The new air conditioner works very well and I slept for a couple of hours.  Jackie was responsible for getting everything organized and getting the move made, but the day was not without cost.  Jackie frequently feels Joan does not do her share of the work, and can have an acid tongue letting her know about it.  She does not see how physically tiring doing the laundry is, and that her sister definitely does her share.  So Joan had enough today and is spending the night at her sister-in-law's house.  Hopefully we can all get rested and back to a smoothly running household.  The new place is just enough bigger to make it feel more comfortable.  It is very quiet, and that is welcome.  Even though we are on the 7th floor, when we left a window open, thousands of gnats flew in to swarm around my compact fluorescent bulb.  We are all about conservation here in the Philippines.  Energy and water are very carefully conserved by most people, and we try to do our part.  Of course with the gnats, I will have to keep the window closed and run the air conditioner tonight.  I will see if we can get screens some time soon, so we can keep windows open.  I need to sweep the dead bugs off my bed, take a shower, and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment