Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3

Practicing what we preach today...we walked to the market instead of taking a motorcycle taxi. We got a charger for Liberty's cell phone, and food for lunch. The butcher shop makes up plastic bags of meat marinating in spices and sauce. You bring it home, heat it up, and use it to flavor your RICE. Today we got "trust me, you'll love it." It reminded me of some kind of Mexican meat sauce with a red chili base. The great thing about RICE is that it can absorb, moderate and neutralize a lot of flavors. I didn't love the texture, but it tasted pretty good. It may have been a variation on Menudo. Of course we were so hot from walking that we stopped and got ice cream, and juice on a stick for me, so we probably blew everything we saved by walking. Then, Jackie was tired, so we took a motorcycle taxi home. I ride in the side car with Jackie, and Joan and Liberty ride side saddle behind the driver. I'm sure OSHA, and many other agencies would be appalled. I am thinking that all our efforts to protect people may be pricing potential entrepreneurs out of even attempting to fill a market need. On the other hand, the chaos of Manila streets is a good argument for urban planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment