Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 1

At the local market I got ingredients for faux spaghetti...pretty much kid style, (what my kids Tansy, Danielle, and I called "sgetti") with garlic, ground pork..availability is the limiter at local markets... and straight tomato sauce. Jackie was not impressed when I didn't brown the garlic before browning the meat...old habits and shortcuts....I've always done them together.

Now I'm going to have to go to a supermarket and get the right ingredients to do a more authentic version. Of course this time I WILL saute the garlic first. Well, Jackie didn't think much of "sgetti" but Liberty ate hers and most of Jackie's. It wasn't the best I ever made, but it didn't suck. When one of her brothers came over later in the day, he quickly finished off everything that was left.

Jackies mother came over this morning and yelled at the girls because I was awake and dressed and coffee and breakfast were not in my hands. I tried to defend them, but she (gently) bonked Jackie on the head. I didn't understand a lot of what she said, but some of it was telling Jackie I'm handsome. (all moms, except one, have liked me, and 25 years later, that one admitted she was wrong about me) Now if the girl like me as much as her mom does, things would be great.

For those of you interested in accounting, I've spent 24,000p so far this month. Last night Joan told me that Jackie underestimated several key costs when we did the budget, so I gave Joan
4000p for laundry soap and whatever else we were short on. That's about 28000p or $636 so far, although 4000p was for durable things we won't need to buy again, so, as my friend Carol Wolfe Demko will tell you, they shouldn't be classified as expenses. Getting transactions into the right categories is one of the challenges and secrets of accounting.

No comments:

Post a Comment