Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

June 26

Have I mentioned that Jackie cosiders our place to be a "luxury apartment" ? I suggested a place closer to Jackie's school, but Joan didn't want to live there because it was "too fancy."

When I said Mr. Belza was hard working, it was a gross understatement. He gets up at 3 am to buy frozen chicken to sell in his market stall, works from opening at 7AM until 1PM, goes home, eats and takes a nap, then is back at work from 3 until the market closes at 9, cleans up the stall, and gets home at 10pm. Well insulated ice chests have improved food safety in the local markets. That's how Mr. Belza keeps the chicken cold. Of course buying the right amount for each day is very important to keeping his business successful.

Jackie says he has done this every day for as long as she can remember without a break or vacation. No wonder his kids have a great work ethic.

Jackie, Liberty and I ate lunch at KFC yesterday. Food, bevereges, and a dessert the girls shared was $8 Imagine a KFC with seating for 150 and an assistant manager who cruises the dining room checking on every table number if the food isn't out to you in about 5 minutes. RICE instead of mashed potatoes, and the gravy is 1/2 ounce plastic cups like you might find for ketchup in many American fast food places. Low fat is definitely a fact of the diet here, and I am benefitting from it. I don't have a scale, but I'm sure I've lost some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment