Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday, July 10 12:15pm

I have a date tonight.  I feel like I did when I was 17 and going out the first time.  Joan has agreed to chaperone.  To meet "respectable" girls here, you must honor custom and tradition and behave respectably.  That means no PDA, I'm told.

Glorious or gory details, within the limits of good taste of course, will follow.

Nothing to tell...she stood me up.  I'll be interested to hear what happened.

Joan and I ate dinner at Chow King.  I had Orange chicken.  It came with a fried egg, over easy, a big plate of rice, and the orange chicken.  It was outstanding.  The sauce here is quite a bit hotter than at typical chinese places in the US, but it was very good.  Joan had some kind of soup and some sort of rice dish in a big bowl.  With 2 large pineapple juices, the total was 182p which with the current strong dollar trading at about $1 to 46p comes to about $3.96  I was not stuffed, but comfortably full, which fits well with my over all goal to slim down.  A LARGE drink here is about the same size as a small in the US.  I can't comment on whether the obesity epidemic has traveled here with the American fast food places.  People seem to be all different shapes and sizes, and I have no wish to stereotype.  I have to say that I have not seen any 300 pound, plus people here.

Monday July 12  1:30pm
She claims she had a migraine.  Joan talked to her at length and told me that she was not the right girl for me.  I have to take my "siste's" advice on this.  Joan tells me to be patient, and she will find the right girl for me.  I told her that maybe she should not set her sights so high, or she may be like my mother and never think anyone is right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment